Wednesday, July 01, 2015

A visit to Singapore Asian Civilisation Museum

Just dropped in to the museum after a late lunch catch up with friends.
Well, most of my friends are unlikely to join me on museum walk .... So, I am on my own.

ACM is a place with great ambient that makes me feel relax; though the exhibits are of smaller scale, but the content is good .. In late afternoon, the museum is pretty quiet, just a handful of visitors even though the admission is free.

I enjoy visiting museum with no background studies. Once I found something interesting, I will then follow up with a study.  

What I learnt from this visit is Palembang Lacquerware; though they are not intricate, they are sure a remembrance of the past where the Chinese live harmoniously with the Locals in Sumatra, Indonesia.

Saw a piece of Palembang lacquerware offered in Ebay, and am very tempted to acquire it ... Again, I am always open to Temptation of Possession.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home